Early November Google released a new tool in their arsenal: – Plus pages just for business.
Why do we care? Because it's a place, a means, and a mechanism to develop and share our business personality – an electronic business persona that's a media substitute for a face-to-face pre-sales conversation establishing your credibility and why the prospect should listen to you.
What you put on your page is up to you, but what you can do with it is pretty sophisticated.
- It is searchable (full text and the evolving Google + preference) from anywhere on the web
- Flexible formatting, including embedded links, graphics, pictures, client testimonials and recommendations
- Pictures and Video collections – like product highlights, and page access directly to YouTube
- Link to additional pages, website, blog, catalog...the world
- Blogs and articles from you, other thought leaders, and your community highlighted (list automatically updated)
- Small group video conference ability
- Simple, easy set-up and updating – can do it yourself
- Cost – free to the individual.
Anything more? Yes - Your Business Personality page can track who's viewing your pages and give you statistics using Google Analytics, so you can tinker and make the pages better. You can even see a graphic of where your posts are being resent – videos and topics go viral on the internet all the time – now you can see how your material is being distributed by others in Ripples.
With a company website, personal blog, my profile, and other on-line material, will I benefit from Google + Business pages - take a look and decide... Click here to see the Muppets Google + Business page
What's it take to set up a Business Personality page? If you have a personal Google Plus site, it is minutes to stand up a Business Personality page – I had one up in under 10 minutes and a robust page after about 90 minutes.
Face-to-face meetings are the most effective in growing a relationship, but can be impossible in an virtual world – Google + Business pages offer you a virtual alternative. Ready to go? Start at: https://plus.google.com/pages/create.
How can this help you get more business?